Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Patriotic Shorts

Two summers ago I was trying to find a pair of American flag printed shorts to wear for he Fourth of July. I couldn't find what I was looking for that was a decent price (who wants to pay a lot for shorts that they won't wear often?) or in the correct size. 

Naturally, I took to Pinterest to see what I could find. As luck would have it, I found an idea to make my own. I picked up a reasonably priced pair of denim shorts on sale at Kohls, as well as some items at the craft store and decided to create my own. The cost of the shorts and supplies was far less than what I was finding shorts for online. 

These were quite simple, and quick to make. I washed and dried the shorts and then set to work making them. I cut some stars out of construction paper to make stencils and taped them to one side of the front of the shorts. I painted the area white. I then pulled tore strips of masking tape and arranged them on the leg (still on front) of the shorts. I painted the area between the tape white. After it dried, I took the tape off and painted the areas where the tape had been red. 

That was it! I created my own flag shorts quickly and at a lower price than I found online. 


No comments:

Post a Comment