Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ceramic Stands.

These cute little stands were inspired by a cake stand idea on Pinterest (of course). The original pin showed plastic, summer type dishes glued together. A patterned plate was glued to the bottom of a patterned cup to make the stand. Cute and easy. I may make one sometime. Actually I may make one sooner than later. 

I took the idea and changed it a bit. I bought two ceramic dishes and two ceramic candle holders at a dollar store. I spray painted them, giving the candle holder a textured look with the paint since it was already a bit rough. After the paint dried I glued the bottom of the plate to the top of the candle holder. 

Spray paint probably isn't the best thing to use for a cake stand. Who wants to eat off of something coated in spray paint? Not me. Instead I will use them in my fall decorating. I recently painted my front door red so I think they will look cute out on my front porch. I plan to place some small pumpkins and gourds on them. I think it will be a cute addition!!


No comments:

Post a Comment