Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cabinet Re-Do

I broke a door on a bathroom cabinet a while ago and decided to re-purpose it. I'm getting ready to move and decided I won't use it in the bathroom at the new house. 

The shelves had a couple spots from things spilling on them so I cleaned them up and then used some white spray paint to cover the stained spots. Perfect. I can't even see where they were. 

Next I used shelf paper to dress it up a little. This was my first time using shelf paper so it took a couple tries to get it right. And it is still not perfect. Luckily it's on the back so when things are on the shelves it won't be noticeable. 

There are a few bumpy areas that I smooths out as best as I could. They show up in the picture but not when I look at it. So that's good! I also realized that I didn't have the second piece of paper line up correctly. The shelves are able to be adjusted so I moved the middle shelf so that it's hidden. 

My first shelf paper experience wasn't a total success but it wasn't a complete fail. I'd say with only a couple minor mistakes it turned out pretty well. 

I definitely know more about using shelf paper and what to pay attention to next time! 

The shelf is one that I bought at Target a year or two ago. It's a basic style so I'm sure they still carry something similar. The gray and white chevron paper is by Macbeth and I picked it up at TJ Maxx a while ago. I was so exited to find it there!






No comments:

Post a Comment