Thursday, November 14, 2013

Canvas Art.

I was feeling creative and the need for some art therapy tonight so I decided to get on Pinterest for some inspiration. I noticed some cool paintings and decided I wanted to make some wall art. Luckily I had two canvases and lots of paint on hand.

I started on my first canvas by taping off some areas to create various chunks of canvas to paint. I used some fun, bright colors and started painting. When I finished painting I took the tape off. 

I had a gray color paint that I wanted to use but it was funny so I opted for purple instead. I ended up using the gray when I put some various lines on the white areas where the tape had been. 

I really like how this turned out. It has an 80s look to it, which is always fun. I will probably hang this one in my craft/computer room. 



After the first was done I decided to do another. I had seen some paintings that people had done that were simple yet really cool. They were just painting quotes in a color on a plain canvas. I liked this idea but decided to change it a little to make it my own. I painted part of the canvas to make it look like the canvas was torn back to expose the quote. 

I decided to use one of my favorite quotes that one of my favorite artists has tattooed on her wrist... "Love them more." By the way, Kelly Clarkson is the person who has that tattoo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment