Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Coconut Crusted Tilapia

I searched for healthy recipes on the P and found this one. I knew it was going to be a good one when I clicked the picture and it lead me to Six Sisters' Stuff; one of my favorite sites! 

I thought this recipe would be delicious. I love tilapia and I love coconut. How could this not be good?! Turns out? I was right. It was excellent!! The only thing that could've made it better would be some kind of mango sauce on the side. I'll have to find a recipe for that sometime and try it next time I make this. 

This was also very easy and quick to make!! It bakes for 15-20 minutes (at 400) so from prep to finish it's done in less than half an hour. Pair it with a veggie and some kind of whole grain and you have a complete, delicious meal!!

The recipe is super easy...

6 tilapia fillets (there were four in my package).
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup bread cribs 
1/4 cup crackers, like Ritz. The original recipe called for whole grain Ritz but I already had reduced fat at home so I used those. 
3 egg whites

Line a cookie sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray (I used the olive oil kind). 

Mix dry ingredients. 

Dip fillets in egg white then the dry mixture. 

Bake (again, 15-20 min at 400 degrees). 

Done! 

You could probably cut this recipe down for fewer than six fillets. I had leftover egg white and the dry mixture. 

This was a fantastic recipe that I will most definitely make again! I'm pretty excited about having leftover fillets! Sounds like a good lunch!

I highly recommend this recipe!!






No comments:

Post a Comment